Seb Chan is Chief Experience Officer at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI) in Melbourne, a museum that over 1.5M people visit every year.
Seb has also led digital efforts at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney and the Cooper Hewitt Smithsonian Design Museum in New York and is one of the world’s most renowned experts on getting museums to open up – to get their collections online, to get people using the museums in new ways. And he was a well-respected DJ, radio host, zine maker, music and video game writer, and we hosted radio shows back to back for five years.
- The early years of museums getting onto the Internet
- How an IT guy ends up a Digital Head
- What is a museum? How have museums changed?
- What is the business model of a museum?
- The metrics that matter to museums
- Career paths one just… falls into
Listen to this episode here:
You can find Seb here @sebchan
Don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast and, please, leave a kind rating on iTunes.